The “Growing Up Bella” on Monday Night Raw this past Monday, September 1, 2014, has me a bit out of sorts. We’re supposed to believe Brie Bella is the bad twin but yet it was Nikki Bella that betrayed her sister, supposedly because of all her pent up frustration from “Growing Up Bella.” I really do not like this angle and I know I do not have to but I will watch and where WWE Creative takes this but believe me, I will be there every step of the way to point out what I like or in this case, do not like.
So far, this story line is not what I expected nor do I like it. I knew the twins would be split up eventually but there are so many other ways that could have been taken to do so. The segment seemed repetitive and bored me to bouts of yawning each time Nikki Bella came on and whatever she was spewing out of her mouth, the unbelievable web. I do believe the entire WWE Universe wasn’t caught in that web. I mean if you’re going to pull this story line off, you have to make it believable to a certain degree. It just lacked luster. To top the segment off, Stephanie McMahon comes to the ring and calls out Nikki Bella. As they are working through this WWE Creative mess, the audience is heard stating the obvious, “BORING.” They were calling it as they saw it. It was pretty boring.
The announcement Stephanie gave to Nikki Bella about being the face of the Diva’s Division and that she’ll have a title shot, that sort of got put on the back burner in a sense as AJ Lee came out saying she was the number one contender, Brie Bella came out to confront her sister, and then Paige is out there in the ring as well. The ring seemed too crowded without any real action going on. Sure, Brie Bella clobbered her sister after being yelled at by Nikki Bella to quit. I would have hit Stephanie just as an after thought, it would have been interesting. I know Paige got hit by Nikki Bella but not sure if that was scripted or a blunder. My point is this, it was too much and it seemed very chaotic. The entire night felt that way to me.
Is all of this too much too soon? Or does everyone like this chaotic direction WWE is taking? Truthfully, I have not seen the WWE this chaotic in quite some time. Let me break down not just the women’s side but the men’s as well because that was something else to witness.
The women’s side:
• Nikki Bella was sick of being in her sister’s shadow, betrays sister and now gets title shot. Also “The Growing Up Bella” Segment
• AJ Lee is upset because Nikki Bella is offered title shot but is supposedly the number one contender
• Brie Bella came out and confronted her sister only to attack her after being duped into doing so by Nikki Bella screaming at her to “quit if you love me”
• Paige comes out because well, she is the Diva’s Champion
The men’s side:
• Triple H basically says John Cena being beaten again by Brock Lesnar isn’t good for business
• John Cena says he’s ready to take on Lesnar
• Randy Orton says he should have a shot
• Kane says he should have one
• Roman Reigns says he is in contention
• Seth Rollins puts his two cents worth and the briefcase in
• Chris Jericho was thrown in the mix for good measure
Absolute chaos! I do have my favorites. I like Roman Reigns and think he deserves a chance to shine but with all those dropped in the hat, can he? For the women, my favorite isn’t even listed above, and that’s Natalya. I think out of all the women in the division, she’s the one who stands out to me. She can wrestle well and should be added in the mix. Both the women and men’s side of things is in turmoil. It’s worse than the soap operas my grandmother would watch on a daily basis. And yet I tune in weekly because I love professional wrestling and even though this wasn’t the best RAW, it still entertained and got me thinking what I would do better. It’s chaotic and turmoil but like years past, it’s cyclical. This too shall pass.